Friday, April 9, 2010

Venice

We had two beautiful, sunny days in Venice.
I am so happy that the weather has been good for almost our entire trip! Only one and a half rainy days so far.
The Grand Canal

Cool noodles!
Piazza San Marco. For some reason, some of my photos got saved on my computer in only black and white. It's kind of disappointing to not have the originals anymore.

Gondolas
Mossy, seaweed-y stairs
More gondolas...
The Bridge of Sighs
Gondola "drivers"
Venice is such a cool city, literally built on the water.
The colour of the water on Thursday was just so beautiful. This is my main disappointment in losing some of my colour shots.

The Rialto Bridge
Groceries are so expensive in Venice! We found this loaf of bread for 30 cents, and it is seriously the worst tasting bread I have had in my life. It has the texture, consistency, and taste as I imagine styrofoam would if you ate it; therefore, I have dubbed it "styro-bread". Not to worry though--as I was eating "lunch" today, the words of Mary Poppins, slightly altered, came into my head: "A spoonful of chocolate helps the styro-bread go down...in the most delightful way!" And it's true, it made it better. Anyway, the point of this is, we were fed up with styro-bread, groceries were expensive, and margherita pizza from an indie street vender was cheap. Found this old Coca-Cola sign in his store: "Oh boy...it's keen." LOVE it!
Goodbye, Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment