Thursday, April 22, 2010

Running Out of Ideas

I am running out of ideas of things to do. There's only so many times you can go on facebook when nobody from home is online because it's the middle of the night without getting a little depressed.

I started my day bright and early--5 am, and since then, I have watched Jaline play a computer game, got another free sandwich from Chef Express, waited for my ipod to charge, uploaded a bunch of youtube videos to watch for later occurances of boredom, read some of a book, and pretty much organized/planned my entire life using a program I found on my computer!

This left me with nothing else to do but to look up random words in my computer's dictionary. Not only was this temporarily entertaining, but it was highly educational.

Did you know that sisyphean means endlessly laborious and unfruitful?

Also of note: vagabond--a homeless wanderer who has no permanent place to live. Synonym(s): drifter, beggar, hobo, traveller, wanderer, gypsy, nomad. Anytonym(s): resident.

How about that?

2 comments:

  1. Hey England:

    Will have to use sisyphean in the near future. Very cool word. You could almost pretend that you are in lunch lab where if you don't bring work to do you get to copy out words from the dictionary. No...wait..I don't think you ever visited that particular room. Ah well, now you have a slight taste as to what it might be like!!! :)

    Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Saskatoon:

    Yes, it's a nice word; I will most definitely be integrating it into my vocabulary! I may never have visited Lunch Lab, but I think it probably would have been more fun than this past week at the airport!

    England

    ReplyDelete