Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekends

I have a love-hate relationship with Saturdays here. It's great because we get to sleep in and have the day to do whatever we want--which often involves an excursion of some sort for me. It's terrible because they barely feed us on Saturdays! We normally have a "full English breakfast" at 11. This includes hashbrowns, bacon (which is a lot different--it's kind of like ham), sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, toast, cereal, and tea! I'm usually not very hungry at breakfast, so I don't end up eating a lot. Our next meal is at 5:45, and on Saturdays we just get a baked potato for supper. It's kind of gross! A baked potato and butter.

Anyway, Saturdays are great because of the travelling! So far I've been to the Lake District (Ambleside and Grasmere), Kendal, Liverpool, and today I went to Morecambe to watch a soccer game. It was quite an experience--the fans are rowdy here! Haha! And, the main concession item is chicken pot pie! I found that interesting. Morecambe is a beautiful city--there are some great statues and art, and the bay/promenade area are really nice as well!

I'm having trouble putting pictures up tonight, but hopefully I'll have some for you to look at by tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. One baked potato for supper?? That's it?? Do you need a care package? I think you better start eating more at breakfast...or maybe start hoarding some food!!

    Auntie Dawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's it--it's really not very satisfying! My roommates and I have been saving cereals and fruit from breakfast in case of sudden hunger. :)

    ReplyDelete