Thursday, October 15, 2009













The past couple weeks have been fairly busy for me. First of all, I've completely read through the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers so far. I'm about half way through Deuteronomy at the moment, and then I'm going to skip over to 1 & 2 Samuel, because I have a paper to write on those books. My first paper is due a week from today, and it's on a book called "Alive in Christ", written by the former principal of Capernwray Hall.
...
There are a lot of slugs here! They're quite big and are always sliding around on the pavement. They're certainly funny looking things!
...
I experienced my first netball game last night! It was fun, and quite an experience. No one on the Capernwray team had ever played before. We lost by quite a bit, but we didn't do too terribly, apparently, because we lost by less than the team that played our opponents last week. In case you aren't familiar with the game, here's a quick idea of what it's about: it's like basketball, except:
-you can't dribble
-you play with this ball that's kind of a cross between a dodge ball and a volleyball
-you shoot the ball into a net that's slightly higher than a basketball net and has no backboard
-only two people from your team can shoot the ball
-everyone has specific areas of the court in which they must stay
-and you have to stay one meter away from the person you're defending
For these reasons and more, my coach tells us to "leave basketball at the door" when we walk into the gym. Haha! It's quite a game.
...
Anyway. I'll try to continue to post some pictures on here. It seems to load faster here than on facebook, and when the internet time is limited I need to find the most efficient way to do things. Here's a description of the pictures:
1: Stairs down to the sunken rose garden and conference hall (where we have lectures/chapel).
2: Wall on the back side of Capernwray Hall
3: The front of Capernwray Hall
4: Flower and a view of the courtyard and clock tower within the castle.
5: Front door

1 comment:

  1. Are you enjoying net ball...or missing basketball? I'd love to see a game since I can't quite picture how it's played.
    Derek's Jr. volleyball team played their first (and last) playoff game tonight. They lost...and therefore their season has come to an end. The good news is...he's playing with the Senior team as well, so his season is extended by a few weeks.
    Glad to hear you're having lots of fun...keep posting those pictures...I love seeing the beautiful sides of England.
    A. Dawna

    ReplyDelete