Saturday, November 28, 2009

CapernRAVE

So, I've told a couple of you about CapernRAVE--basically people get bored on Friday or Saturday nights and decide to have a dance party! Last Saturday, it was a dress up dance party and we were all assigned a theme based on the first letter of our last name. Here are some of the costumes, and some more faces from Capernwray: These are the all the New Ravers! From left to right:
Back row: Megan, Steph, Emily, Marika, Derek (he's from Winnipeg and is also in one of my small groups), Trevor, Mark, Elena
Front row: Markus, Amy, Laila
This is Samantha Hanlin and Sean Koop. Samantha won best costume of the night, and rightfully deserved--she looked beautiful! She was a mythical creature. Sean was a zombie, and his makeup was quite impressive!
All the pirates (last names starting with "B") and their fantastic ship they made out of a bedsheet and some cardboard from the recycling bin! Haha! From left to right:
Lauren (she is on my netball team), Ben, Calvin, Caitie, Charity (one of our RA's), and Ellaina (also on my netball team, and from Saskatchewan).
Sam
Sam and Lael. Lael's theme was "futuristic". She was one of the first students I met. We met in Manchester airport and she came on the train with Courtney, Kim, and I to Carnforth.
Brooke--also futuristic.
Tyler and Beau--two of the cavemen.
My next door neighbours: Heather, Sam, Courtney, Sarah, and Breanna.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun...but where is a picture of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get one from someone else--I didn't take any on my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, looks like you're having a fun time. What was the theme for "W"?

    -AH

    ReplyDelete
  4. "W"s dressed up as blast from the past/60s. It was a tough theme to have when we could only use things we had brought from home and a couple things from the school. I attempted to give myself a "beehive" hairdo. :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete